Types of Massage
This is where you can learn about the types of massage that we do.
- Swedish Massage: a general whole body massage using oils or creams on the skin to facilitate treatment.
This is the basis of all Western forms of massage treatment and is a highly relaxing form of massage.
- Deep Tissue Massage: this approach is powerful and sometimes painful although the benefits can be great.
It is helpful in restructuring the body, improving posture and releasing tight muscles and trigger points.
- Reconnecting Neuromuscular Responses: this approach supports the relationship between the nerves and the muscles. This has been developed by Laurel J. Freeman, BA, LMT. For more information.
- Myofascial Release: is a form of bodywork that is manipulative in nature and uses long, slow, stretching strokes
to release tension in the fascia, the tissue structure which lines and covers nearly everything
inside and around our bodies.
- Hawaiian Lomi Lomi: is a form of massage developed from the teaching of Aunty Margaret Machado,
a Hawaiian Kahuna, from the ancient practices of the Hawaiian peoples. It is a very relaxing while
at the same time stimulating massage.
- Hot Stone Massage: using hot stone to warm up the muscle tissue produces a very calming and relaxing
massage. The stones are used in the therapists hand while using the long gliding strokes of
standard Swedish Massage. A wonderful, therapeutic massage performed with hot, oiled basalt stones, guaranteed to melt your muscle tension away and leave you floating on a cloud of relaxed bliss.
- Spa Scrubs/Wraps: Scrubs and wraps are used to exfoliate dead skin, hydrate the body and
also to flush toxins from the body. A scrub or wrap prior to a Swedish Massage can greatly
facilitate the removal of waste products from the body. In the winter, a scrub removes dry, flaky skin and moisturizes.
- ETPS/MPS: Using Electrical Acutherapy for chronic pain relief
- Energy Balancing: is a process of reading the chakra energy in the body and using the
therapist's energy in combination with the client to balance those chakra energies that may
be out of balance. Additionally special aromatherapy essential oils may be used.
- Chair Massage: Standard Swedish, Deep Tissue or Trigger Point Massage techniques done
in a comfortable Massage Chair in the seated position.